the Gospel and Our Culture - encouraging the encounter
January 28, 2009
eSeries No. 2
- Proposals for a Missional Hermeneutic: Mapping the Conversation, by George R. Hunsberger
- A Response at AAR to Hunsberger's "Proposals..." Essay, by Michael Barram
- A Response at SBL to Hunsberger's "Proposals..." Essay, by James V. Brownson
November 15, 2008
eSeries No. 1
- Ecclesiology of the Emerging Church, by Rebekah Zorgdrager
- Jesus Outside the Feast? A Sermon on Revelation 3:14-22, by Catherine Gunsalus and Justo L. Gonzalez
- Reflections for a Conversation on Theology in Congregational Life, by George R. Hunsberger
December 1, 2003
Vol. 15, Nos. 3 & 4
- Lessons Learned and Offered: Reflections upon an Internship in a Seeker-Oriented Church, by Susan Beaumont.
- Mission or Mission, by Edwin Searcy.
- Reimagining Spiritual Formation: A Week in the Life of an Experimental Church, by Doug Pagitt.
- BOOK REVIEW: Radical Gratitude, by Mary Jo Leddy, reviewed by Wayne A. Holst.
June 1, 2003
Vol. 15, Nos 1 & 2
- StormFront and Clay Jars: The Gospel and Our Culture Series Expands, by George R. Hunsberger.
- Seven Working Assumptions for Preaching in a Missional Church, by Edwin Searcy.
- Baptized Into the Resistance, by Matt Gunter.
- Some Basic Literature of the North American Movement, by George R. Hunsberger.
- Newbigin.Net: Bibliography and Document Archive.
December 1, 2002
Vol. 14, Nos. 3 & 4
- Ministry at the Margins, Brian McGaffigan (Canada).
- Evangelism as Companionship, by Katie Hayes (USA).
- The Gospel in the Haze of Christendom, by David Kettle (UK).
- Not Quite Established: The Gospel and Australian Culture, by Ross Langmead (Australia).
- The Acts 15 Agenda, by H. Jurgens Hendriks (South Africa).
- Listening to People's Spirituality: WCC Consultation Looks for New Forms of Church Belonging, by Michael Stahl (Germany).
- Letters to the Editor.
June 1, 2002
Vol. 14, No. 2
- New Hope: A Dialogue on Missional Transformation in Seeker Sensitive Contexts, by David Edwin Eagle and Kristin Noelle Fast.
- The Prodigal Church: A Narrative Plea from a Seeker-Sensitive Pastor, by Tim Parsley.
- Global Variations: A conversation among partners in the gospel and Western culture movement (announcing the 2002 GOCN consultation).
March 1, 2002
Vol. 14, No. 1
- The Haze of Christendom, by David Kettle,
- with Responses from Douglas John Hall (Moving Beyond the Haze of Christendom),
- Stanley Hauerwas (Betwixt and Between: Negotiating Modernity),
- and Craig Van Gelder (Response to "The Haze of Christendom").
- Gospel and Cultures: A WCC Study Process, by Jacque Mathey.
December 1, 2001
Vol. 13, Nos. 3 & 4
- “American” Values Abroad, by William R. Burrows.
- An Interview with Sally Morgenthaler, by Songs4Worship.com.
- Refilling Stone Jars: Some Biblical Practices for the Continuing Conversion of the Church, by Chris Erdman.
- Response to Chris Erdman, by Kent Miller.
- Ministry For All!, by Pete Hammond
June 1, 2001
Vol. 13, No. 2
- New Ways of Being Church, by Anne Wilkinson-Hayes (UK).
- “We are Matthew 25”--A Reflection on Matthew 25: 1-46, by George R. Hunsberger.
- Intergenerational Worship, Part II--A Cyber-Conversation (GOCN online discussion group).
- Book Review: LESSLIE NEWBIGIN: A THEOLOGICAL LIFE, by Geoffrey Wainwright, reviewed by H. Dan Beeby (UK).
March 1, 2001
Vol. 13, No. 1
- Faithful and Compelling Performances of the Gospel, by James V. Brownson.
- Epistemology and Book Shelves: Or, How I Knew Postmodernism Was Getting To Me, by John Bowen.
- Intergenerational Worship--A Cyber-Conversation (an online GOCN discussion group).
December 1, 2000
Vol. 12, No. 4
- "Organize to beat the devil...", by Joel B. Green and Mark Lau Branson.
- Ekklesia: Something "More", by Jeff Van Kooten.
- BOOK REVIEW: Life on the Vine: Cultivating the Fruit of the Spirit in Christian Community, by Philip Kenneson, reviewed by Inagrace T. Dietterich.
- The Stated "Principles" of the Ekklesia Project, from "A Declaration and an Invitation to All Christians."
September 1, 2000
Vol. 12, No. 3
- God's Letter to the World: From a Sermon on 2 Corinthians 3:1-3, by Darrell L. Guder.
- BOOK REVIEW: The American Paradox: Spiritual Hunger in an Age of Plenty, by David G. Myers, reviewed by Marvin Hoff.
- Re-Visioning the Pastoral Vocation, by Chris Erdman.
June 1, 2000
Vol. 12, No. 2
- The Return to Ancient Spiritual Practices, by Mark Yaconelli.
- Responses to Boogaart on "Tithing": Consumerism and Consumption, by Rich Pleva; and
- The Inadequacies of Tithing, by John Flett.
- Evangelical Worship Fosters Secularism, by Mark McKim.
- The God Who Sent Jesus: Reflections from John 17, by James V. Brownson.
- A Framework for Discussion of Faith and Electronic Media-Culture, by Peter Horsfield.
March 1, 2000
Vol. 12, No. 1
- Floating Along? by Miroslav Volf.
- A Second Reformation is at Hand: Why Youth Workers Must Lead the Way, by Mark Driscoll and Chris Seay.
- Books Worth Mentioning and
- New Volumes in the THE CHRISTIAN MISSION AND MODERN CULTURE SERIES, by the Editor.
December 1, 1999
Vol. 11, No. 4
- The Church and the Powers, by Lois Y. Barrett.
- Cultivating Ways of Christ in the Postmodern Transition: Resources for Pastoral Leaders (4), by George R. Hunsberger.
- The Powers and Urban Land Use, by Liala Beukema.
- Thinking Biblically and Theologically about a Particular Power, by Bill Wylie-Kellermann.